In brief he made the following points:
- There seem to be three reasons why people run public office;
- desire for power and to feel important
- they are a little off in the head
- they really want to make a difference
- The historic example of Moses discloses three aspects of leadership
- A humble person with heart and character brings forth compassion for the marginalized and oppressed.
- Vision is necessary to motivate and inspire people.
- Despite opposition and discouragement a true leader never gives up.
What a privilege to be in attendance. Rather than just reading my summary, I sincerely hope you will avail yourself of the entire printed sermon at:
Or even better see and hear it at:
IF YOU FOUND HAMILTON'S SERMON MEANINGFUL, I HOPE YOU WILL SHARE THIS WITH OTHERS.
I'm quite sure that you will find next weeks "one of the top ten" to be most interesting. I heard - and you can too - hear a fabulous SLAM POET!.