Monday, February 12, 2018

ANOTHER LESSON AT UBER U - Intended For President Trump


How was I to know that there was someone in the backseat leaning against the door? She almost fell out as I opened the door, but I was quick to note her gorgeous platinum hair and exquisite handbag! Naturally I quickly shut the door, went to the driver's side, apologized and tried to remain remain quiet for the rest of the ride while only gazing forward.

But I could restrain myself only so long and begin a conversation with the driver, John. Finally getting to my "attention-getting statement, 'I'm 92'” I was finally able to look at the young lady as she spoke in what I learned was a Ukrainian accent. How fascinating to learn that she has been here as a refugee for one year but her status is uncertain. Her crime? Participating in rallies against government corruption and support of the LGBT community!

Oh how I would like to have our president each day read the words on the Statue of Liberty:


Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!” cries she
With silent lips. “Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

No comments:

Post a Comment