OMG, this is such a marvelous question and one that I wish I were insightful enough to give a brief, meaningful answer. At first I was struck by how simple it is and that the answer is found in your question. "Keep... childlike wonder". Eureka, there it is, "Keep Childlike Wonder". In many ways I sincerely believe that has been my "Fountain of Youth". (I realize this sounds a great deal like one of the most forceful teaching of a man called Jesus, and yet I consider myself for the past 10 years, an agnostic atheist.")
- Upon arising in the morning try to focus solely on the beauty of this day and the good I have around me.
- Reach out by really look at (and possibly) greet people on the street
- Read biographies to look at the lives of others.
- Seek and accept the friendship and joy of others.
- Take time during the day for some type of meditation