Friday, July 24, 2020

It was good to see the re-opening of the zoo today.


It was good to see the re-opening of the zoo today......

....as I left my apartment right-next-door to see happy, masked families leaving the metro, gaily walking to the zoo. As I spoke with several, I felt I was seeing a broad segment of the area population getting a chance to enjoy what is “ours” in this lovely area.
As I learned  that metro service was being added, I was gratified to hear reports of proper masking and reasonable efforts to social distance.  

And I felt relief that area merchants might begin to return to some normalcy as restaurants and other stores increased their business in this “best season of the year” for them. At the zoo itself I was pleased to see how well organized things were at the entrance. and the patrons I spoke to assured me that this was the case inside.  

Perhaps above all I felt re-assured that we have local leadership attempting to make difficult, wise decisions to move us forward in this critical period. What a remarkable contrast with the national level where all I see fear fear and loathing in America.

Ron Lehker

2 comments:

  1. What are your predictions for the presidential elections, Ron?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I answered this before or not. But now I feel America will come to its senses and elect a democratic landslide.

    ReplyDelete