Monday, October 28, 2019

Here is a quicky and (for once) brief thought

For the past 20 or so years I've often been asked "How do you keep your apart youthfulness?"  And while acknowledging the the importance of genes, my first tendency is to respond with something like, THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING AROUND AROUND YOUNG PEOPLE!  And this is but one of the many that I treasure from my latest blog..

Thanks for sharing. My dear grandmother passed around 95 and I often went to her for advice. Growing up in the depression she had such an incredible account of what it was like during those days. She would often speak about segregation during her time and how incredible it was to see a society shift in their views in such a short time. She still kept her lifestyle of saving food scraps out of fear of food waste and even had two large balls of yarn and aluminum foil to show how they used to have their own recycling back in the day. She was an incredibly sharp and thoughtful woman at her age and it was an honor to have learned the things I did from her.
level 2
Thank you! I can identify with every aspect you report about your grandmother. I' almost feel like I know her and that we would concur that the best days can be ahead if we continue that trajectory of working hard TOGETHER for progress. I'm sure she would revel with me in the almost forgotten song, Ah sweet mystery of life.............." And what is the pay off, the last line of the song divulging what the mystery is? It's "Love and love alone that rules the world." Tune in to hear Nelson Eddy and Jeannette McDonald sing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment