Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Something still to say at age 93!


I thought I had said it all when I turned 90, and I answered some thousand or so questions on Reddit's, Ask Me Anything! The Washington Post even called me an "Adorable Reddit Guru" (until they discovered the word “adorable really didn't apply to me! See:




Now at 93 years of age, I've noted three things that lead me to believe my work isn't done, that there is something I want to share with anyone who might be interested.

  1. For the past two years I've been a weekly participant with 25 men approaching my age in my apartment complex considering topics ranging from world climate change to pondering the meaning and purpose of life. These DC retirees amaze me with their sensitivity and insight into the complex problems of a rapidly changing world. I'm more convinced than ever that we oldsters need to be in dialogue more with the “idealistic younger generation” that I see in world-wide demonstrations and causes.
  2. I've had increased opportunity recently to converse with people with different political, ethnic, racial, religious orientations than I. and therefore I recognize more completely how important it is for each of us to seek more opportunities of this nature.
  3. And quite personally, as I again begin to ponder the meaning of MY LIFE, I feel compelled to have my insights heard by anyone who might care to tune in.

Thus, in a few days in an unannounced Rant, I will tell the story of my recent conversation with a Uber driver who grew up in Uganda. I hope you will tune in regularly as I occasionally vent my views. You'll make my day if you will engage in “Comments” so we might dialogue.

Ron


So here's my blog - always available at www.ronlehkersrants.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment