Saturday, August 22, 2020

Ron's Post # 3

 

Ron's Rant # 3

Law vs Soul: That's what this election is all about. One candidate appears to have the law on his side. The other the soul!

For instance, in the complex topic of Reparations! Or the topic of Institutional Racism!

The first is an old idea of many of my liberal friends for something that must be done to free us of racism. As I think of it in more depth, but I may be wrong, it seems that reparations would only intensify our problem.

Just as now, institutional racism kinda relieves us of guilt: "it's not my fault, it's the system."

If I were a dark skinned individual, I would want to say. "I don't give a damn about your reparations, designed to assuage your guilt.  All I want is for my son to be able to go outside at night wearing a hoodie and not be afraid for his life!"

What's your reaction?

Post Rant PS. I wish ALL AMERICANS could read John Feinstein's column in today's Washpost. 8/22/20. it brings to mind several of my favorite topics:

  1. the wisdom of sportswriters like him, Sally Jenkins and Mitch Album and many many others.

  2. The hypocrisy found in so many of our most highly respected institutions.

  3. The wisdom, insight but naivety of youth in solving complex problems.

  4. And the immensity of the problems faced by even our most sacred institutions.


No comments:

Post a Comment