Friday, August 28, 2020

Ron's rant: For the first time in my life, I am afraid!

 Ron's Rant Revised: For the first time in my life at age 94, I am afraid.that I can recall: I AM AFRAID 


*I must warn you, it is long and I hope you will read the Message at the end about future blogs.  It should be read like a speech

  

For the first time in my life that I can recall: I AM AFRAID 

And it is NOT because I am 94 so old and fearing what's next!

 It is because last night I saw the crowd that will continue to run the country if THEY win in November. 

Oh, I WANTED to watch. 

I learned in WWII the importance of knowing the “enemy.” (I never before considered the other party as my enemy, but,,,)


 Surely there must be some good people ON THAT SIDE. 

 

Through Public Broadcasting I was introduced to a number  of THEM who received help 

FROM THE GOVERNMENT.


I too was helped by the government all my life in ways too numerous to mention:        from the GI bill to CCC for my father during the depression  -   the list goes on and on.      Like my father, I was a veteran of  a World War        When people thank me for my service in WWII, I want to thank them for paying their taxes.           Even two of my children are alive and my wife lived longer because the government paid for their kidney transplants.  

AND SOME OF  ITEMS WERE NOT AVAILABLE TO SOME PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The final speaker said of same of the guest,  "I did it for you.,"     I would have wanted to reply, "No, Mr. President, The Office of the  Presidency did it."

Many of those introduced,  seemed to be a bit “different” or out of place. I


Of course  knew of course  all the attendees  knew they would be safe because the military forces were nearby on the ready!  

But I digress. WHAT CAN I DO – ESPECIALLY AT 94?   I, my family and friends knew something had been bothering me for some time:   Lost my appetite and my confidenc - got  too excited  -  woke up too early and couldn't nap.  

All of a sudden I realized  that  “IT WAS FEELINGS OF GUILT.


Before I felt that, "this National nightmare would soon be over with a Democratic landslide,"  Now, I was truly afraid we might lose this election and FEARFUL that I was not doing all I could to prevent that,

I even developed contingency plans. First choice, Canada (but maybe they won't accept me); then, start a commune for all my extended family (illogical – dumb idea);  and finally,  I'll look forward to meeting the “Grim Reaper” with open arms in order to escape from living FOUR MORE YEARS under this despotic dictator. And so I came to this

CONCLUSION for  ME:

 It is most important that:

I communicate every day with my friends on my old blog until the election.  I'll continue to communicate with the 1,000s of (esp) young people throughout the country  as I did successfully for the past 5 or more years,

And  I hope YOU

and all who want a country where everyone can live without FEAR, to remove the present egoist and his syncopates from the White House and replace them with a team of patriots under the leadership Biden and Harris.

AND FINALLY – Since Mr. Trump so respects “the greatest generation” and how great America was then, I want as many Americans as possible to hear from THIS ONE who lived then and will give an honest accounting of what America was then TO AS MANY AS I CAN..

Ron Lehker  #2610

PS: My generation knows that if the drive and intensity of young people who have peacefully demonstrated for justice for all continues through November 3, we will truly MAKE AMERICA  and have a democcrtiv sweep.


* This will be my last weekly reminders.  Because daily blogs are so time consuming, but enjoyable for me, I MUST simplify.  That site also provides a place for dialogue. It can be found at the below site (or some variation thereof.


https://ronlehkersrants.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

  1. AT LAST. A COMMENT.
    JUST LIKE I ALWAYS WANTED.
    YES FEAR IS A GREAT MOTIVATOR AND THAT IS WHY I TRIED THIS INTIMIDATING YOUTHFUL VEHICLE:
    TO TRY TO CONVERT AT LEAST ONE VOTER TO OUR SIDE

    ReplyDelete